Date: Sundays, April 25th - August 1st
Fee: $90.00 per person (second sibling $50.00, third sibling free)
Contact Salem Park, Recreation and Community Services to enroll the 3rd sibling.
Place: Salem High School, 77 Wilson Ave. (field behind the field house)
* COVID PROTOCOLS LISTED BELOW
Description: The NSYRFC is introducing a rugby program for boys and girls ages 7 -18. Rookie Rugby is a non-contact sport designed to introduce children and teens to Rugby Union Football. Our certified rugby coaches develop basic skills in a fun, encouraging environment. Similar to flag football, the rules for flag rugby are modified to eliminate contact, and "tackles" occur by pulling one of two velcro tags from a ball carrier's belt. Players do not play contact rugby (U12 and up) until deemed ready by our coaches. Everyone is guaranteed playing time and is coached individually in the basic skills of the game, building the confidence necessary to play in this ultimate team game.
In addition to registering through Salem Recreation, all players will need to register with the North Shore Youth Rugby Football Club through USA Rugby/Massachusetts Youth Rugby Organization at: https://usarugby.sportsmanager.ie/sportlomo/registration/member-registration/club/6886.
The cost is $30 for rookie rugby (grades 3-6) and $45 for youth (grades 7 & 8) and high school players.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Visit our website at www.nsyrfc.com. for directions and more information.
WE WILL BE FOLLOWING ALL PUBLIC HEALTH GUIDELINES SET FOR BY THE STATE AND OUR LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT WITH REGARDS TO COVID. WE WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE AS NECESSARY
* Face coverings are mandatory for all players, coaches and spectators.
* Parents are required to wear face coverings at drop off and pick up.
* Equipment in use will be disinfected.
* Hand sanitizer will be issued on entry and exit of the field.
* Spectators are limited to two per player.
* Temperature checks on every individual entering the field.
* Each child is required to have a Daily Health and Wellness Check form completed each day of play. This needs to be turned into coaches at drop off. Parents should print these out to use each day. Daily Health and Wellness Form
* Each participant must have a City of Salem COVID waiver on file with Park and Recreation. Please fill this out and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/drop off to the Park and Rec office located at 401 Bridge St. Salem, MA. Covid Waiver