Salem Park, Recreation & Community Services
Skip to nav
We are so excited to be offering our Teen Paddle Program again this summer through Coast to Coast Paddle. Coast to Coast will be offering 2 different sessions based on skill level.
Teen Paddleboard 1 - July 12th - July 15th: This is for paddlers who have not participated in one of our teen paddle programs before. It is a chance for paddlers to build toward longer and slightly faster paced excursions while keeping a level of programming that allows them to comfortably build their skills and confidence on the water. We will continue to teach new paddling skills and maneuvers, reinforced through games, fun competitions and general paddling.
Teen Paddleboard 2 - August 2nd - August 5th: This class is for paddlers who have had more paddle experience. We will continue to push the length and pace of our paddlers, allowing us to explore new areas that the paddlers may not have had the chance to paddle previously. We will introduce basic concepts of how to read environmental conditions to better understand water hazards and safety, while maintaining a fun, friendly, and supportive environment. Paddlers may register to Teen Paddlebord 2 if they have participated in a Coast to Coast Teen Paddle Program before, or with permission from the instructors based on experience.
Paddlers are encouraged to bring their own U.S. Coast Guard approved life jacket is possible. One will be provided by Coast to Coast if necessary.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS, WE MUST FOLLOW ALL GUIDELINES SET FORTH BY THE STATE AND LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS REGARDING SUMMER PROGRAMS. WE WILL CONTINUE TO POST UPDATES.
* Face coverings will be worn at all times on land. When on the water, the covering may be lowered to under the chin.
* Staff and participants must comply with all social distancing requirements and remain 6 feet apart.
* Paddles and boards will be disinfected before and after each use.
* Coast to Coast life jackets will be sanitized before and after each use.
* Group size, including staff, shall not exceed 10.
* Each child is required to have a Daily Health and Wellness Check form completed each day. This needs to be turned into staff at drop off. parents should print these out to use each day. Daily Health and Wellness Checks
* Parents are required to fill out the attached registration form and COVID-19 Waiver form. Parents should print this out and scan to email@example.com or mail to the Community Life Center, 401 Bridge St. Youth Registration Form COVID-19 Waiver
* Parents are asked to read the Operational Plans for Summer Programs and the Plan for Isolation and Discharge.
Date: Monday - Thursday (Friday will serve as a make up day if necessary)
Teen Paddleboard 1: July 12th - July 15th
Teen Paddleboard 2: August 2nd- August 5th
Location: Salem Willows Beach (if we have a day that is too windy -location will change to Forest River)
Price: $145.00 per person, $130.00 if registered by April 1st.
9:00-9:15 - Drop off check in/Sunscreen
9:15-10:15- Paddle Instruction, Water Safety and On the Water Games
10:30-10:45 - Beach Activity
10:45-11:00- SUP Yoga
11:00-11:55 - Adventure paddle
12:00- Pick up