Salem Park, Recreation & Community Services
Skip to nav
Teen Kayak Adventure Program
Coast to Coast Paddle is offering an exciting Kayak Adventure Program for the summer of 2020! In this 4 day program, we will explore the coastlines of Salem and Beverly Harbors, discovering the beautiful and often hidden wildlife that lives on and near our shores. Through games and exploration, paddlers will learn basic and intermediate kayak skills as well as water safety and environmental awareness. Join us this summer, and learn why exploring our waters in kayaks is a planet-friendly way to learn about the coastal world around us, while staying active and healthy.
No kayak experience necessary. Participants must be able to swim without assistance and be comfortable kayaking in ocean water that is at times over their heads. Participants are encouraged to bring their own U.S. Coast Guard approved life jacket. One will be provided if necessary.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS, WE MUST FOLLOW ALL GUIDELINES SET FORTH BY THE STATE AND LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS REGARDING SUMMER PROGRAMS. WE WILL CONTINUE TO POST ALL UPDATES.
* Face coverings will be worn at all times on land. When on the water, the covering may be lowered to under the chin.
* Staff and participants must comply with all social distancing requirements and remain 6 feet apart.
* Paddles and kayaks will be disinfected before and after each use.
* Coast to Coast life jackets will be sanitized before and after each use.
* Group size, including staff, shall not exceed 10.
* Each child is required to have a Daily Health and Wellness Check form completed each day. This needs to be turned into staff at drop off. Parents should print these out to use each day. Daily Health and Wellness Checks
* Parents are required to fill out the attached registration form and COVID-19 Waiver form. Parents should print this our and scan to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the Community Life Center, 401 Bridge St. Youth Registration Form Covid-19 Waiver
* Parents are asked to read the Operational Plans for Summer Programs and the Plan for Isolation and Discharge.
Date: Monday - Thursday, July 19th - July 222nd (Friday, July 23rd will serve as a make up day if necessary)
Time: 9:00am -12:00pm
Location: Salem Willows Beach
Price: $145.00 per person, $130.00 if you register by April 1st.